Father's Day Project

Back in May, I found out that my scrapbook page ‘New Beginnings’ was chosen for the Design Team Special Mention Award at the Country View Crafts Challenge site. I was absolutely stunned and so delighted, it’s feels like such a privilege, and when you haven’t been blogging your work long it is such an encouragement too! So a big thank you to the Design Team :). 

From this I also got the chance to be one of their Guest Designers for June, the theme being ‘Only Men Allowed’. 

Fathers Day was in June - ding!! 



The tag started with some distress inks blended through, nothing too special, just enough to get a good base layer. I stamped some cogs with black archival ink and edged it at this stage too, before embossing with the Tim Holtz ‘cogs’ folder.

Next - Paper Artsy Treasure Gold! I…Love…The…Stuff. I used the colours White Fire and Sapphire, I blended them into the background colours for added depth, but only on the embossed parts, then gently scraped over with some more black archival ink. With more Treasure Gold I covered some grey textured die cut cogs from Cheery Lynn and layered those on the tag in waterfall effect from top to bottom and then finished off with some embellishments in my stash and a Tim Holtz Word Band. appropriate for Fathers Day.





The pillow box was an extra to house the gift but as I can’t emboss this I decided to go for an 'art journal’ feel, so the same Distress Inks were used along with some Tattered Angels and Gelatos on heavy weight cartridge paper. (I must reiterate that heavy weight is so important for doing this other wise all your hard work when you go to bend the creases will go to waste as the ink will weaken these areas and your box is likely to break.)

I kept with the same stamps, distress inks and embellishments as used in the background of the tag. A little extra pop was added with Gelatos and Tattered Angel mists. I used the sentiment from Tim Holtz stamps ‘it’s the little things that make life big’, this just seemed so appropriate, the ‘little’ thing being Isaac and the ‘big’ being how much he has enriched our lives.



It has been great getting seriously inky with this project, hope you’ve enjoyed it and thank you for reading :)

Georgie xx

3 comments

  1. These are gorgeous Georgie, thank you so much for contributing as a guest this month at Country View Challenges! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgie, sorry I missed this when I was away on holiday. Your tag is fabulous! I love the dimension you created and the embellishments are wonderful. The pillow box is amazing too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete