Country Chic Pillow Box

Hello my lovelies

Big welcome to my newest followers, so pleased you can join me on my crafty adventure! ;) huge hugs!!

----------------------------
I have some amazing news to share with you all today... As most of you may know I filled in at Frilly and Funkie a month or so a go as a Guest Designer for a couple of weeks. I had such fun with the projects and Jenny and Linda were so lovely.

Then, I received an email from Linda asking me to join the team as a Full Time DT Member - WOWWOWWOWWOW! Boy, I was in shock!! I had to read it out to my husband to make sure I wasn't seeing things and then some time was needed to calm down from the excitement. :)

Anyhoo, I am extremely honoured and grateful that I've been asked to join some of the most talented people out there in blogland, not only that Jenny and Linda have been so amazing to me, letting me get settled in and so generous with their time - so to both of you here is a big THANK YOU :)
-----------------------------

Okay, I've calmed down now and on with the show... The theme over at Frilly and Funkie is PUT SOME RIBBON ON IT! Your project just needs to include some ribbon somewhere to be eligible to enter.

The ribbon I used by May Arts reminded me of the Farmers Markets and County Shows we have here in Dorset, when you see all the yummy local produce so beautifully presented in such a country shabby chic way. This image inspired me to make these gift pillow boxes, which ended up housing little treats for my Mum and Nan on Mothers Day.



I used a pillow box die, but there are plenty of templates on google if you don't have one, for me it is pure laziness...! ;) I used Maja Design Spring Basics 12x12 papers for the base and fussy-cut the tags from the Maja Design 12x12 labels sheet from Spring Basics.

Everything was then edged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, including the flowers.


The beautiful flowers are by Prima - La Tela-Romantic Lace. I love the details of these and are perfect if you're in a rush and don't have time to make flowers. I love the soft country feel the lace gave to the piece.


The gorgeous green ribbon is May Arts Celery/Ivory Plaid and went beautifully with this green Maja Design cardstock.


The Red/Ivory Plaid ribbon is perfect 'country kitchen' chic and the great thing about these ribbons is that they are wired so manipulating them in to the shape you want is easy!!

I just finished off the country theme with some raffia.

The winner gets to Guest Design for the blog and there is a prize of $25 up for grabs randomly selected for one lucky entrant!! What is not to like??!! Come and join us :) 

Thank you so much for stopping by :)
Hugs
Your 'Country Bumpkin' xx

P.S. Your Country Bumpkin is writing this post in typical Country Bumpkin style, sipping Strawberry and Lime Cider at sunset - happy, feeling better and healthy, days ;)


I'd like to enter this in:



20 comments

  1. First up, we are all thrilled to bits to have you on board Georgie and thank you so much for your kind words. And your country inspired packages are absolutely superb! I love the way you've teamed them with the frilly flowers and rafia. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Georgie! This is really a wonderful news! Your pillow boxes are fabulous! So vintage and shabby! Adorable flowers! Beautiful as always!
    Hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELCOME Georgie!! We are so delighted to have you joining our little Frilly and Funkie family! I'm over the moon about it too:) Your first offering for our visitors is such delightful shabby eye candy. I love the country theme that you have used to highlight the ribbon. And you are right, the wonderful La Tela-Romantic Lace flowers from Prima are the perfect accent! Stunning debut!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, big congrats on the DT spot at Frilly and Funkie!!! What an honor, but so well deserved! Your work is out of this world my dear!!
    Now regarding these treat boxes, they are so gorgeous and heartwarming! You did such a wonderful job decorating them. I bet your mom and nan will adore them!
    Hope you're feeling better from the sinus issues you've had...Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just so wonderful to have you on the team Georgie, a big giant WELCOME to you!! Love your little boxed and those ribbon ties are just fabulous! I am definitely adding some of those Prima flowers to my next order, because you make them look so beautiful!! hugs to my new teamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulaations Georgie - wonderful news and very well deserved. I love your little boxes - a fabulous mixture of country and vintage. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Georgie! Well deserved on your new DT! Your pillow boxes are beautiful - the added details make them so special - I bet your Mum and Nan loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Georgie, such great news! Lovely country feel to your packages. Glad you are feeling better. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot tell you how delighted I am for you Georgie, it is amazing news and I can understand how delighted you must be!! Jenny and Linda are two of the loveliest people (proud to call Jenny my real life friend), you will have a fabulous time on the team. Woohoo!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so excited I forgot to say how much I love your beautiful gift boxes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous and love the ribbon against the raffia x huge congrats its an amazing team to be part of xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huge Congratulations to you Georgie, love your style and I am sure you will be a real asset to this team. Your pillow boxes are wonderful.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and welcome to the team. These are lovely gift boxes with the pretty paper, those big flowers and the raffia around the ribbon.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is simply wonderful! I love this project and the colors you've used. Fabulous idea and details. Thanks for sharing your art work with us at Card Mania Challendges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic project Georgie ! Welcome to the team too ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am so thrilled for you, Georgie - what a fabulous addition you are to a wonderful team. These pillow boxes are an enchanting first official make - congratulations!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge!
    Hugs!
    Rossi (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Georgie. Lovely boxes.
    Thanks for entering our Spring Challenge at CCM&More.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete